Thursday, November 01, 2007

Halloween, Halloween, lots of fun on Halloween


Here is my little spidey man...unfortuntely, I didn't dress up and Steve did some version of a character from Christmas Vacation complete with shorts, my blue bathrob and some clunky snow boots. I had the misfortune of taking a pic of him but totally cutting off his head, so you will have to use your imagination.

WE did trick or treating on Main and then a trunk or treat with our old branch and ward. It was fun, but I miss the days of going around a neighborhood. The last two years we have driven to my mom's for that exact reason. Her neighborhood is quiet, safe, low traffic and homes are relatively close together. This year I wasn't quite up to the drive! So we had to settle for a trunk or treat! Sad I know!

My favorite line was when someone asked him if he was Batman and he said, exasperated, "No, I am spiderman." The guy teased him by saying, "no there is no such thing as Spiderman." Conner said, "Oh yeah?" And then he pointed his wrist at him and proceeded to wrap him up, securely I am sure, in pretend spiderweb!

8 comments:

D-dawg said...

How cute! It sounds like he was really getting into character. And too bad about no picture of Steve's costume... it sounded funny!

Nikki said...

Steve's costume is fantastic! I can just picture it, but does he have the warm logger hat to go with it, and the puffed out chest and proud look? How about a hose to go with the outfit like he is pumping his trailer sewage into the street drain?!?!? I love it - it is hilarious. Props to Steve!

The Spaulding Zoo said...

Conner is adorable and Steve's costume sounds hilarious! It sounds like it was a fun night. Where are you living now? It's good to see you again and see what you're up to. Thanks for finding me.

Ashley said...

I agree. . . you should post the picture of Steve for our enjoyment! Hilarious about Conner's spider web power!

Erin said...

he definitely looks very intense in his costume...he really took on the character didn't he. its too bad you missed the picture of steve.

Kristin Hanson said...

Seems like Grandma's gift is a keeper! I didn't get a picture of David, either, so it must have been a no picture of the older Hanson boys Halloween.

Deidra said...

Emilly-

We cleaned out our plot a while ago. They are going to till them with the tractor-tiller soon, so it would be good if you could get yours cleaned out pretty soon (otherwise, you'll need to till it yourself. Chris and I couldn't get the little rototiller to work, so that could be a challenge!) Just pull out all of your plants and put them in one of the silver trash cans and put it by the others near the shed. Hope it was a good year for your green thumb!

Jen said...

Fun pictures. We should meet at the park sometime. We saw Steve not too long ago, but I can't remember where. I'm curious who you know from our preschool. They are all great moms/teachers.
Well really call me sometime, it would be fun to see you. Jen