Tuesday, September 30, 2008

At the risk of offending someone...

I would just like to say that I dislike music playlists on people's blogs.

(With few exceptions)

Alas, their blogs are not my blog so I guess I really don't have much say...

But if I did, I would prohibit them for the following reasons:

1. I typically blog/lurk at night and I don't like the sudden noise that could wake the dead (or my children) emanating from my machine. Said children are often the culprits at having turned the sound up in the first place. In the event they are still awake, I have an instant lap buddy who wants to "hear that song again."

2. Very rarely do I like and/or know the songs that begin playing on my machine. In the rare case that I do know the song, I really don't want it stuck in my head. We all know that music tastes vary greatly. Why should I have to listen to your stuff?

3. Lastly, I suspect that a large majority of people are like me, in that they are on their own blog for much less time than they are lurking/reading other people's blogs. That being said, odds are pretty good that they aren't really getting a chance to listen to their favorite songs anyway.

Your take?

8 comments:

Bomma said...

Personal experience with this one huh?

Kristin Hanson said...

Yeah, I'm not a fan of them either, for the simple reason that I hate listening to the same song over and over again. You should check out HolleeAnn's blog, she just posted about the same thing: www.ourdandelionwhishes.com

Kylene said...

This made me laugh. AMEN! If I may add another reason: When someone has posted a video and you have to go turn off their music to hear what their video is all about OR both the music AND the video compete against each other....

Shae said...

I tend to agree also. I generally will open up two or three blogs at a time, and if they have music on them, then they are all playing and competing with each other. Also, my desktop sound doesn't work, so I don't have to worry about it, but the few times that I take my laptop to blog/lurk while I'm in bed, the music definitely surprises me becuase I'm not used to having the sound! I just end up muting everything till I'm done!

Stacy said...

I totally agree. I especially hate it when they put the player at the VERY BOTTOM of the blog and it takes forever to scroll down to turn it off, then scroll all the way back up to read the posts.

Mary said...

sorry. :) I really do use the playlist on my blog all the time to listen to my favorite songs. I hope you still love me!

Unknown said...

That offends me!!
from calvin

Nikki said...

I'm with you on that one Em!