Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Case Lot craziness

So I decided since we have a bit of cash flow right now and all the grocery stores have case lot sales going on...it was time to update and increase our food storage.

Maybe I should be a better canner (like Jess) but that would require me to have a garden or the very least find fresh produce....and then I either have to get all the canning supplies (or go to my moms). As you can see this is a little bit difficult, so for my first year of canning I have done peaches. That wasn't too hard but without a great mom (thanks Mom), it would have been sheer madness with the little kiddos.

I think we might try to can chicken and maybe salsa, that is if my mom and I can make it through them...and call me crazy, but I think I will just go buy the rest.

2 comments:

Jessica Jensen said...

I agree with you! I have done the same thing evven though it looks like I have done a lot. Not as much as most years, but more than last. Good job with the peaches huh! I just finished 30 pints of salsa and it was quite the experince with the boys that day. It makes you wonder sometimes if it is all worth it. Hope all is well there.

Brad and Rachel said...

Aren't you glad you live close enough to mom to take advantage of the resource? I'm jealous. Sounds like your chicken canning was an adventure.