Friday, August 01, 2008

Matthews Blessing - The story of 2 traumas

I have two traumas...one obviously more pressing than the other.

TRAUMA ONE

Well all, we are finally going to bless Matthew. It will be August 24 at 9 am. Everyone is welcome, but I would love to know who thinks they can make it. If you need directions to the church, leave me a comment with your email and I will send it to you.

It was such a trauma to decide. We had originally planned to do it that weekend even before he was born. We waited so long because for the past 6 years of our marriage Steve's parents have been here the weekend before college starts every year. This year they are coming a week early for Dave's graduation. No big deal right? Move it a week? But my whole family will be in Alaska that weekend. So when we realized all of that we decided to do it the traditional fast Sunday in August....but alas, Dave and Kristin would be gone to CA. So after all the hoopla, we decided just to leave it as originally planned.

So now we are just hoping for the best for Aug 24. Hope to see you all there.

TRAUMA TWO
THIS is the outfit I wanted to steal the idea for, for Matthew. It is kind of a trick finding an outfit that is not a tux or two satiny (read hispanic) for my taste. I hemmed and hawed about buying it because I didn't know for sure how big Matthew would be or what size he would need. Now (read when he was born) it is too late. Gap was sold out of them. So my second trauma is what to dress Matthew in, and I am open to any suggestions.

5 comments:

Ashley said...

Oh shoot! I used that outfit for Max's blessing and I loved it! I was about to say I'd mail it out to you immediately (he wore it once), but then realized it's for "up to 7 pounds" and Matthew is bigger than that! But if you think there is any chance it will fit (it's cotton so it's stretchy) I will mail it right away! I don't ever need it again. Let me know!

Ashley said...

They have it for sale on ebay in a 3-6 month:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Baby-Gap-white-cable-knit-romper-3-6-boy-or-girl_W0QQitemZ120288533756QQihZ002QQcategoryZ57823QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem#ebayphotohosting

If the link doesn't work, I typed "Baby gap white knit" in the search box on ebay. Good luck!

Unknown said...

I think a nice one-sy with a tie drawn on the front would be swell..

or just go "adam" and put him in a diaper!

Brad and Rachel said...

Well what about labor day weekend when we will be there - only teasing. He is looking so big. Good Luck finding an outfit for him.

By the way, thanks for including us as blogs of your family. Oh wait, you haven't yet. Guess that's what I get.

See you soon.

Jen C. said...

We found our boys' blessing oufits at Dressed in White and they were 100% cotton and (in my opinion) 100% cute. I think it's still open by Deseret book. :)