Thursday, August 21, 2008

Connerisms

Today we had FRESH salmon from Alaska. To read about how we got "FRESH" salmon, go here. Conner was very disappointed that he didn't get to go and proceeded to tell me so every day they were gone. He wanted to catch a BIG fish.

We usually have the not-as-fresh grocery-store-fare. At any rate, Conner LOVES salmon. And today's salmon had a little something "extra"

BONES. So I was showing Conner what the bones looked like so he wouldn't try to eat one and choke or gag. And then I picked them all out for him. He asked me how come the salmon had bones. And I said, thats kind of what happens when you get the fish yourself instead of buying it at the grocery story.

FAST FORWARD TO THE END OF DINNER AFER I SPENT MUCH OF IT PICKING OUT BONES:

Conner: Mom, when I get growed up, I am going to get grocery store salmon and not try to get it myself.

Me (a little surprised given his previous desire to catch some salmon): Why is that?

Conner: Because I REALLY don't want to pick out all my kids' bones.

NOTE TO GRANDPA: If you want Conner to go fishing with you, you better do it now, because once he has kids he doesn't want to pick out their bones.

3 comments:

Larry Jensen Family said...

I just love the way that they think! Its I guess what helps me smile!

Jessica Jensen said...

The larry jensen family is Bart's dad's sorry I forgot I was logged in there...

Julianne said...

Hi! You don't know me, but I'm an old friend of Heidi McCombie and I think you might be related to her?? I've been trying to track her down through blogs but it looks like hers is locked. Could you please pass this message on to her and ask her to email me? Tell her it's Julie Clawson. My email address is juliecdonaldson(at)hotmail(dot)com. Thank you so much!