Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Counting down..

I should post a pic of my belly. But I don't know if I am brave enough. Maybe if we cut off my head so I don't have to admit it was me at some later date!
With less than two weeks to go until my due date...I am beginning to feel pregnant.

But that could be because my internal furnace decided to kick in on the hottest days of the year so far...causing sleep to be most elusive especially since I was feeling too cheap to turn on the A/C. I did change my mind about that last night though and slept much improved with my A/C blasting.

Or maybe it is because none of my pants want to stay up. It is very exhausting to keep pulling my pants up...all day long. Yesterday I wore a pair of Steve's basketball shorts and a big t-shirt---all day--it was quite a relief just in the energy required to keep ones pants up. I think he has 5 or 6 pairs so I could probably get away with not washing AND being comfortable for another week or two. As long as I didn't care too much how I looked.

Then again, it could be the frequent, but alas not regular contractions. Or the constant trips to the bathroom, yet again.

At any rate, if I am lucky and keep dilating a little on my own, the doctor said he would start me a couple of days early. That would mean next week (ahhh, don't know if I am ready) I would know at my appt tomorrow but he was totally full so I have to wait until Friday to decide about induction. Silly doctors that only work 3 days a week.

I have had inductions with both my other kids. One was a breeze...the other, not so much. So the induction part doesn't make me nervous. However, I would rather wait a couple of days if it makes a difference between repeating the first scenario or the second.

Wish us luck!

6 comments:

Stacy said...

Good Luck!!

Ashley said...

GOOD LUCK! I hate how maternity pants don't stay up and the constant tugging. I swear the bottom of my belly was horizontal by the last month and my pants did not have a fighting chance of staying up. Hang in there!

danniellespackman said...

Good Luck! Hope everything goes fine. With any luck I'm only 8 weeks behind you. Be brave and post a picture of your belly, I did. You'll have to check it out, just don't blame me for the nightmares it might cause.

Karisa said...

I think we should come up with some stylish maternity suspenders because pants don't stay on. Good luck!

Mary said...

Emily! Good Luck! We hope everything goes great! I can't believe how grown up Conner is! We are excited for your new little boy! Do you know what you are going to name him? Now Martin is done with his Masters, he's going to do a Ph.D. at the University of Arkansas, so we'll be moving out to Fayetteville in August. We love and miss you guys!

D-dawg said...

Oh I can't believe it's so soon!!! I can't wait. I hope all goes well--- I'm sure it will, hang in there!!