Sunday, May 04, 2008

Connerisms and Steve's play

Well, we are down to the last show of Steve's play. It is tomorrow night.
Steve's family came and went to it on Friday night. We had a fun time and Conner was proud of himself for taking care of baby Evie and I was proud of him for staying home to do it!

We had more adventures into the "frankness" of young children and I think I am safe to tell the following story because I don't think the person in it has the internet and everyone else who does is smart enough to just read and giggle and then not pass it along.
Steve's grandparents came earlier in the day and played with Conner. We they got out of the car. There was the traditional rumblings coming from Grandma. After a few minutes of this, Conner came over and not so quietly whispered, "Mom, I think she has gas." I quickly tried to quietly explain that that happens sometimes and that he should just go play.

At this point, we had quite a few people at our house, including my two brothers, sister and dad who were there to help my sister move home for the summer. Apparently, Conner and my little brother were close when again the rumblings started. He told my brother, "Don't worry. I just don't think she knows how to say 'excuse me'."

2 comments:

Kristin Hanson said...

LOL We love you guys and your witty boy! Thanks Conner (and LaLa), for taking care of baby Evie for us!

Brooke S said...

I went to the show Saturday night. Lumiere was perfect! Thanks for letting Steve perform!!!!