Friday, March 07, 2008

A post in support of blogs

Even my mom said she noticed I hadn't updated. Jamie says I need to tell more about Conner and well, to be honest, I have thought about posting but not really had much to blog about.

So here goes....I think I have a few good reasons for blogs. Notice I didn't say "validating reasons" for all the time spent....just good reasons

We went to gma's the last couple of days. So we could see "Baby Rylie' which I think she will always be called and so I could go to a get together with my old roommates. Thanks Jamie for sharing your home with us. It was fun to see everyone and have yummy food and treats. We missed you Shannon.
Reason #1: To anonymously sneak peeks on random people
I totally couldn't remember some of the guys we lived by (Jamie's husbands old roomies). And one in particular who brought forth a collective groan/oh yeah..type moment for everyone else. As if it hadn't occurred to any of them to give him the slightest thought but unfortunately, once mentioned, his 'persona' couldn't be erased from memory or something like that. I mean, what am I? Brain-dead or pregnant? Drew a complete blank. It took checking out one of their blogs to bring it all back. Thank heavens we can sneak peeks on random people.

Reason #2: Have connections in our lives without extra effort
Also, it was funny to realize that I haven't actually had a "conversation" as in using voices, not even on the phone with any of them except one and yet I still felt caught up in all their lives (except Annie who I hear is working on getting her blog going).

Apparently, this is why we all love blogs...I mean, besides the chance to stand up and post the best/worst/most mundane moments of our lives!

1 comment:

Jen C. said...

Hey Em- got your msg. James has a 102 fever and is just miserable. I'll give you a call another day!! :) have fun! - Jen C.