Thursday, February 21, 2008

Earth shake....

So I have lived a lot of different places in my lifetime. And now I live along a fault line and have lived along this fault line multiple times and years in my life. But never have I felt an earthquake here...

I have felt big ones in Alaska and California, and little ones in Idaho...The big one in Alaska almost knocked my mom down the stairs. In California, it "waved" the house for about a minute.

So this morning when I was literally woken up by an "earth shake" I thought it was a big one or at least a close one.

Imagine my surprise when I heard it was not small, but not huge and that it was quite a ways away. I mean, it WOKE me up. That doesn't happen very often.

8 comments:

Ashley said...

We had an earthquake (a moderate one, nothing broke) a couple months ago and it totally freaked me out!!! (Actually you know that bc I remember you sent me to a cook link on preparedness. . . ) Anyway, they are scary. Your comment about baby blessings made me laugh. I totally understand!

Nikkala said...

And I didn't even feel it...I am so bummed.

Kristin Hanson said...

A little bit of home, but I didn't feel it at all down here! I must say I was a little bummed.

Kristin Hanson said...

Oh and you were right - she loves the paci made by the brand that makes her bottles.

Anonymous said...

It's just God telling Steven to repent. :)

Craner Family said...

Emily...got the comment about you going late and me going early...It's fine with me! he he. Are you still in Logan???

Mindy Neal said...

emily,
congratulations!! I am so glad everything is going well. Another boy wow!! I am so glad you have a blog. I just barely started and am still trying to figure the whole thing out. Your blog is darling and I can't believe how big conner is getting. It was good to chat with you and many more to come.

emalina49a said...

Mindy...I don't know if you will check this again or not...but, if you want people to be able to see your profile, you need to allow it in your settings.

We would love to check yours out!