Wednesday, September 12, 2007

So much to blogggggg

Well, this is one of those blog posts that unless you really want to know the details of family trips, you probably just scan through the pics and leave the rest alone...

I don't even know where to begin. I guess I can just start at the first and see where I get.

DENVER
We had occassion to go to Denver because Steve's kind of distant (ok maybe only like 2nd cousin) but whose family is really-tight-with-them cousin (did that make any sense at all?) got married. We went with his brother and sister. You can see the extra details here (at Kristen & Dave's blog). I think I just have a few things to tell that will suffice.

Number 1: I am inexpressibly grateful that Bomma (see Terms you should know here) was able to take Conner for those 3 quick days. Because we drove (8 hrs) there Thurs, went to a nice family party in Denver that night, played wedding day all Friday (you know, the usual, ceremony, pics, family lunch with reception at night), managed to squeeze in a little (and I mean little) sight-seeing between the lunch and reception, and then got up and drove home Saturday.

I have to brag on Steve & I a bit (mostly Steve). They didn't have a professional photog so we took them around and got some shots. Some good ones too that I think they were grateful to have, even if we did have to beg them to go take them! I am particularly proud of Steve for capturing this one.
I feel justified in saying I KNOW that Conner would have hardly been happy with the arrangement especially since the very next day it was off (driving 14 hrs) to Nana & Papas.

LAYOVER AT HOME
Thanks to Nana, who was up moving Jo into school, Conner had a birthday party (kind of). She made cupcakes and dinner for when we got home. He got all his presents from mom and dad wrapped in brown-paper sacks (I know, I know) and his aunts and uncles from around the area were there. But lucky for us Bomma had given him his favorite spiderman costume when he stayed with her which he promptly put on to open the rest of his presents.

We slept like logs or at least tried to (Conner ended up in his big bed with me and steve ended up on the bunks because Nana & Papa were in our room)....poor steve, what an amazing man he is!

Well, I think I will save the updating of the next leg of our trip for another post. Don't want to bore anyone too quickly

1 comment:

Kristin Hanson said...

Amen - you and Steve did a GREAT job with the pictures at Matt and Corie's wedding!!