Saturday, September 08, 2007

Conner-isms

So today we were driving and we told Conner he needed to fall asleep and take a nap. So after a little bit of discussion he tips his head to the side and closes his eyes. However, I knew he was having a bit of trouble falling asleep because he was fidgety but he was trying mightily, squeezing his eyes shut.

Finally, I hear these two big sneezes and then I knew he was still awake so I tried not to acknowledge anything.

A small amount of silence followed by this comment:

"Mom, I had bless-yous."

I turned around and there he his bright eyed and bushy tailed. I promptly said bless you whereupon he tipped his head to the side and closed his eyes.

But alas, we were home before the sleep kicked in...

5 comments:

Nikkala said...

So cute!

Deidra said...

Emily-

I just got back into town last night, after being gone for about a week and a half, so that's why I didn't return your call. I hope the garden is still alive and thriving! And that your trip was great!

Erin said...

what a good little boy.

Jamie said...

So sweet Emily!

D-dawg said...

very cute and I can so relate to the not sleeping in the car thing. I'm sad but Macey has pretty much grown out of doing that.