Thursday, September 20, 2007

Full heart

I just heard of a friend who is going through some struggles in her quest to be a mother. It breaks my heart to hear of the struggles good, willing women go through to bring Gods' children into the world. But no one is alone.

One of the most poignant and lasting lessons that came from our experience with Bella was that so many in this world have heartache and loss. And no one can know or judge whether that loss is great or small in the lives of the people involved. Very often our most keen and personal losses can have great affect on all those who love us as well. As children of God, we are to be a support to one another and to lift each other up. Never be afraid to tell someone you are thinking of them and that you are sorry. Even though sometimes that can feel awkward and you wish you had more to say.

How can we do anything but hope for the faith to live our lives according to the plans and TIMING the Lord has for us? And yet we always have reason to have joy.

(Alma 26: 35-36)" Now have we not reason to rejoice? Yea, I say unto you, there never were men that had so great reason to rejoice as we, since the world began; yea, and my JOY is carried away, even unto boasting in my God; for he has all power, all wisdom, and all understanding; he comprehendeth all things, and he is a merciful Being, even unto salvation, to those who will repent and believe on his name. 36 Now if this is boasting, even so will I boast; for this is my life and my light, my JOY and my salvation, and my redemption from everlasting wo. Yea, blessed is the name of my God, who has been mindful of this people, ... yea, I say, blessed be the name of my God, WHO HAS BEEN MINDFUL OF US, wanderers in a strange land. "

6 comments:

Nikkala said...

Emily thank you for this post. It was perfect timing. A little girl in our ward (2 yrs old) was just yesterday diagnosed with a brain tumor on her brain stem. They are operating on Monday and I have been trying to think of something to do for the family. I've been at a loss of ideas so was thinking I would just not worry about it. But you instantly made me change my mind. I still don't know what I will do, but it will at least be a card to let them know they are in our prayers. Thank you.

Stacy said...

thanks for the post Emily! Another scripture that I really like is Ether 12:4 "Wherefore, whoso believeth in God might with surety hope for a better world, yea, even a place at the right hand of God, which hope cometh of faith, maketh an anchor to the souls of men, which would make them sure and steadfast, always abounding in good works, being led to glorify God." I always try to remember that my faith will help me to have "hope" that everything will happen when it is supposed to!

D-dawg said...

Thanks Emily. I said it in my blog but I have so many examples (and you are one of them) of strong people who have been through extremely difficult trials. I really like this scripture you shared. And thanks for the comment on my blog. I'll feel better eventually I'm sure.

Erin said...

thanks for that post emily!

Jamie said...

This is great Emily! You are such a great person! Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us!
Love, Jamie

Natalie said...

What a great post. We all are wanders in this strange land and it is such a great blessing that we know who we are and where we came from. thanks for the sharing.