Thursday, October 23, 2008

Teething and Rice cereal

oh...and baby prunes.

Yes, I am sorry to say that I subjected my almost five month old to baby prunes. But I did it with his best interest at heart. Truly!

We had been feeding rice cereal for about 2 weeks. (which incidentally, he LOVED). I swore we would wait longer for real food because once you start you can't stop and for me it is so much easier to just nurse... but he would have none of it. However, his bowels did not love it so much. It could have been anything. Needed to be a little older, mom needed to make it thinner instead of thickening it up, not letting him eat so much...etc. etc.

But for whatever reason, prunes became a NECESSITY. Thankfully the prunes did their job and both mom and baby were happier. And mom learned her lesson...

In other less (or more) noteworthy news, Matthew is the proud owner of two bottom teeth. Yes, this was early and yes they are pretty much all the way in.

We are hoping that they are like my teeth and not Steve's, because his have a bad habit of trying to rot out of his head....and he has better dental hygiene...go figure!

1 comment:

THE BOWMAN'S said...

Prunes? Sounds like an interesting tactic. Just letting you know as well that we have changed our blog address.

lovethebowmans.blogspot.com