Tuesday, December 04, 2007

New Nativity

I grew up with my mom collecting Nativity scenes. She has some from various countries and then lots of different ones that I am sure were made in the USA via China. Glass, plastic, wood, ceramic, paper, framed, fabric, even flowerpots. In her old house, she had plenty of display space all over the house. And they were literally all over the house. In the house they are in now, there is not as much display space, so she gave me one and I think I got one as a gift. And then Conner got one of the little people ones that he can play with, I think she might have been tired of worrying he might break some of the more fragile ones. She searched the net, stores, everywhere, for two years before she finally found a little people one. Then I think she bought 3 or so.

Well, today we were in Target taking Conner toy shopping and I came across a Playmobile one. Great toys especially if your kids like people or action figures and like putting things together. So I showed Steve and we bought it. At first, I thought, my mom would really appreciate this. But then when we got it home, and I remembered how much Conner liked Playmobiles. So we opened it up to look at it. The end result being that both he and I were so caught up in putting all the figures together that we kept it. It is darling and was a lot of fun...plus Conner can play with it.

6 comments:

Jamie said...

Love your festive blog look Emily!
Merry Christmas!

Shannon said...

How cute! I need to get a nativity set. Happy Holidays!!!

Erin said...

how fun and cute! i used to love playmobile...they rock!

The Spaulding Zoo said...

I need to get one of those -- it's perfect for displaying with little kids around! I love the Christmas blog look too!

Jen C. said...

Hey Emily! Yes we saw Dr. Andres and he was super nice. He said that we'll probably see him a bunch more since we have to have ultrasounds once/month. We really should get together some time before the twins come! Merry Christmas!

Jamie said...

Got your Christmas card, so cute Emily! and congrats-we are so happy for you guys!
Talk to you soon!
Have a very Merry Christmas!