Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Christmas Woes

The rule is that my next post is Christmas joys and it has to be longer and more meaningful than Christmas woes.
1. Packed parking lots, long return lines, even longer check-out lines.
2. For me, a not very good surprise artist, trying to surprise the main act himself and make it something that he goes, wow..., tricky...
3. Wondering if you got gifts for everyone that you should have.
4. Wanting to have gotten "more" (in no way a $ amt or # amt) for someone and still not sure how to do that.
5. The dreaded drop offs. I think we will miss most of these this year. Hopefully someone will pick up the plates from our front step. And the only ones that have come have been quite pleasant. I just don't usually like what is dropped off and half the time it is from someone I missed on my own list. No drop offs for me this year. We did a teaching Conner service banana bread FHE in November instead.
6. Nasty tape cutter cuts from the nastiest scotch wanna-be tape ever that I still have in bulk amounts from 3 years ago. take that back...good tape, terrible METAL cutter.
7. Running out of the real scotch tape that I bought to replace said wanna-bes.
8. Wondering if I have missed some one on my Christmas card list (almost a given every year)
9. Wanting to indulge our "only" child and wanting to help him understand what Christmas really is

No comments: