Saturday, August 18, 2007

To be or not to be...

...embarassed that is. I probably should be slightly embarassed to admit that I absolutely loved "High School Musical" especially considering I am not a skinny jeaned, out to conquer the world and yet still innocent giggling "tween" girl....but alas, I am not, embarassed that is. But rather than "Stick to the status quo"...I am going to admit that I really did love it, cheese and all. In fact, I loved it so much that I have the CD of the music and I never get CDs. Worse of all is that I have taught my soon to be 4 year old to love it too! His favorite part is the basketball song 'Get your Head in the Game.'

Despite my lack of embarassment, I still think it necessary to say that I love the movie for its upbeat and clean music and simple happily ever after plot ...and not because I have any obsessive crushes on Zac Efron or Corbin Bleu (don't worry, I actually had to google to find their real names).

That said, if you haven't seen it, realize that "We're all in this together" and you should try it...and if anyone has seen the sequel, well, keep your spoilers to yourself, because I missed it!

6 comments:

D-dawg said...

Emily! I love it too! And I sing along to all of the songs. We just had a little party friday night for #2 to come out. Anyway, don't be embarrassed it is a great little musical!

Anonymous said...

I actually haven't seen it or heard the movie yet. Maybe I'll have to check it out when it comes out on DVD (or maybe it already has?). I'm a sucker for musicals, though... I'm sure that High School Musical and I will get on just great.

Ashley said...

I want to see it bc of all the hype, but I don't have a kid old enough to blame it on. Maybe I should just bit the bullet and do it anyway.

Joni said...

I'm too old to be embarrassed about what I like anymore. If you like it, who else cares?

Erin said...

I'm gonna be honest. I tried watching it with my mom this weekend...and it wasn't my favorite. I couldn't get over the chees factor. but it is pretty popular...a lot of people like it, just not me I guess.

Mindi said...

I actually like it too. I heard High School Musical 2 broke TV records, the most watched cable television show ever. Crazy huh! Hey if you guys are coming out to San Jose you should come up to the city and come see us. We would love to go somewhere fun with you or just have you come to our home for a little bit. But yeah I can give you a list of my favorite things in the city too. It is a really fun, "enchanting" city.