Friday, February 13, 2009

Computer Woes

It died....a slow, long drawn out death. We even preformed surgery, but alas, it is still dead.
The worst part? I knew it was coming. I even bought a new 500 GB harddrive a couple of months ago, in order to stem the loss that I KNEW was eminent. Then, I proceeded to not do anything with it.
So the day it would not wake up was quite sad and I was sick to my stomach thinking of all those lost pics, files, docs etc.
Thank you to a dear computer doctor (or geek, whichever you prefer) friend who saved the day and retrieved the majority of the contents of my hard drive. Never mind that it took him 5 hours to do what should have taken an hour. We even thought that this procedure might end up extending the life of the dear machine. But in just two short days, it had a relapse and slipped into a coma, never to be useful again.

I compensated the friend nicely, by offering tax advice...which just proves once again the old cliche of nothing being certain but death and taxes!

No comments: