Monday, July 02, 2007

Happy 4th....

We watched fireworks tonight. We have plans to watch some tomorrow and Wednesday and maybe even Thursday. I guess that is what happens when the 4th falls in the middle of the week.

However, for FHE tonight we talked with Conner about why we watch fireworks. About how it is our nations birthday. Then we listened to the story of the "Star-spangled banner" I have heard pieces of it before but not all connected together. Let me know if you want me to email it to you. (it is mp3). It was really, um, I am at a loss for words...maybe it's because I grew up a military brat or maybe I am just more sensitive in my "old" age...but in any case I was really thinking tonight of how grateful I am to be an American and how proud and protective I am of our heritage and of what those who have gone before stood for. Thank a veteran. Thank a public servant. Thank the Lord for the bounteous beauties of the land in which we live and the freedoms we enjoy.

2 comments:

Jamie said...

Love the new look Emily! I would love a copy-Happy 4th!
Love, Jamie

Mindi said...

Hey, I found you. I would like a copy too. My email is on the old hoz website. It was good to see you guys.