Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Threw a wrench in my day...

So today I had all these big plans to get my laundry done (almost), my floor mopped (check), my bathrooms clean (downstairs gets a half check), get Conner to storytime (check), my grocery shopping done (nope), run errands (had to wait til later), pic up an Emma Smith costume from the Dansante bldg (thanks to steve, check), some more tax stuff done (not even close)
I always plan way too much for way too little time. So about mid way through the day I was driving home and feeling a little overwhelmed at how much I had left to do and how late it was already, when I drove over a pothole 300 yards from our street (that I manage to hit probably 2 out of 3 times even though I try really hard not to), when all of a sudden my car starts making a nasty thumping noise...so I get home and my tire is hissing air. Talk about throwing a wrench in my day...especially when I had just started my errands, but then I looked closer at the tire and there was literally a wrench sticking out of my tire. I should go take a pic. I obviously wasn't going anywhere, because I had never changed a tire before and wasn't going to start now...so Conner and I were homebound until Steve could save us (which wasn't until 4 pm). let's just say that I paid close attention while steve changed it this time and Conner helped so much he could probably show me how next time! It was pretty cute watching his little fingers try to screw the nuts off
After writting this though I realize I got a lot more done than I thought I would because I had no choice but to stay home and get it all done. So maybe my day wasn't as wrenched as I thought it was going to be.....I guess I can just count my blessings :)

1 comment:

Kristin Hanson said...

Wow, so when you said wrench, you really meant it! Talk about irony. Another peice of irony - Tuesday night Amy and Derek got a flat. I hope we aren't next in line - I had my car picked up by a forklift (I couldn't figure out the car jack) once already this year!